Paranjpe Eye Hospital was established in the year 1996, with the motto of
providing best quality, personalized and affordable eye care service to the
community in both, urban and rural areas. The hospital is poised to be the
leading center for ophthalmology in Pune. The clinical expertise and sophistication
of diagnostic and treatment procedure will serve the needs of the patients across
the spectrum of eye disorders in Cornea, Retina, Glaucoma, Paediatric Ophthalmology,
Neuro Ophthalmology and Oculoplasty.
Our hospital is located at Deccan Gymkhana, Pune. We also have two branches in
Maval Taluka. One at Talegaon-Dabhade and the second at Lonavala which are
approximately 35 and 70 kms from Pune.
All the three centers are well equipped to deal with variety of eye problems.
The Pune hospital carries out advanced eye procedures like LASER treatments and
Retinal Surgeries. We have conducted close to 3000 eye surgeries of various kinds
at our daycare centers at Pune and Talegaon-Dabhade.
While delivering eye care services we adhere to OPTICS principle i.e
- Openness(of dialog)
- Positive approach
- Thoroughness in patient management
- Integrity of self
- Caring for everyone
The hospital also conducts various community projects regularly especially for
the needy sections of the society. Till date we have organised 15 eye camps.
We also hold theme based eye camps, eg:
It is our endeavor to provide the latest treatment in various sub-specialities of
ophthalmology in the future.
Paranjpe Eye Hospital is managed by husband and wife duo of Dr. Mandar Paranjpe
and Dr. Sucharita Paranjpe.
Dr. Mandar Paranjpe(MBBS, DOMS) completed his MBBS in 1991 from University of Pune.
Thereafter he has worked as a Medical Officer at Jehangir Hospital, Pune for 1.5
years. He completed his post graduation(DOMS) from KEM hospital, Pune. He continued
his training in KEM hospital for another 2 years.
In 1998 he started his private practice. His specialities include
- Managaing all anterior and posterior segment eye diseases
- Lacrimal Sac surgeries
In the past he was a visiting consultant to Walchandnagar Industries Hospital and
Saibaba Sevadham Hospital(Branch of KEM Hospital, Pune). At present
- He is a member of the Managing Committee of Poona Ophthalmological Society
- He is a member of All India Ophthalmological Society and Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society
- He is a visiting consultant to the Base Hospital at Amby Valley Sahara Lake City
- He is the Jt. Secretary of the Rotary Club of Deccan Gymkhana
Dr. Sucharita Paranjpe(MBBS, FCPS(OPHTH)) completed her MBBS in 1991 from University
of Pune. She finished her Post graduation in ophthalmology from KEM Hospital, Pune.
She is in private practice since 1996. Apart from being a good homemaker she takes
keen interest in Community Ophthalmology and practice management.
Paranjpe Eye Hospital is one the very few hospitals in Pune to offer Cashless
Services to its patients. It is recognized by the following Third Party
- Mediassist India Pvt. Ltd.
- TTK Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Paramount Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Genins India Ltd.
- Good Health Plan Ltd.
- Grand Healthcare Service, India Pvt. Ltd.
- Dedicated Healthcare Services, India. Pvt. Ltd.
- Anyuta Medinet Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Visitor No. =